Skip to content
- Tree pruning is the most basic aspect of tree care. We can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance and safety of your trees.
- Pruning techniques include removing limbs that:
- Interfere with utilities or structures
- Obstruct streets or sidewalks
- Need structural clearance – All structures including houses, garages, and fences, should have at least 4 feet of clearance from any part of a tree to avoid frictional damage and the transfer of pests like: termites, roaches, carpenter ants, and squirrels.
- Are dead, weak, or decayed and pose unacceptable risk
- Are diseased or insect-infested
- Have been damaged by storms
- Will increase light penetration and reduce wind resistance within the canopy upon removal (thinning)
- Other pruning techniques are used to maintain proper structure in young trees, improve tree shape or form, and reduce the likelihood of future damage during storm events.
- Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. We can help decide whether a tree should be removed. Removal is recommended when the tree is:
- Considered an unacceptable risk
- Causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning; i.e. foundation problems
- Crowding and causing harm to other, more desirable trees
- To be replaced by a more suitable specimen
- Located in an area where new construction requires removal
- Tree removal can be a dangerous and tricky proposition and should only be handled by professionals. All of Elite Tree Service’s employees have a minimum of 10 years of experience removing trees, and we provide them with the safest and most up-to-date equipment available. We also carry a $2 million general liability insurance policy for the protection of our customers.
- We also contract with stump grinders to complete the project.
- Tree cabling is helpful for two
basic reasons. Cabling provides trees with weak or large limbs with extra
support to reduce the risk of breakage. Cables also allow a level of protection
for both people and objects that may be harmed by tree failure.
Tree Fertilization and Insect/Disease Control
- We contract with a horticulturalist who has over 40 years of experience in disease and insect control.
- Tree fertilization is a necessary part of tree care. Like people, trees have basic requirements to ensure lasting health. We use a slow release fertilizer that can be used year round and contains all the micro and macro nutrients necessary for tree health.
Emergency Tree Care
- Texas storms can be wild and unpredictable. Storms may cause limbs or entire trees to
fall, often landing on other trees, structures, or cars. The weight of
storm-damaged trees is great, and they can be dangerous to remove or trim. We
can assist in performing the job in a safe manner, while reducing further risk
of damage to property.
- Whether you need your lots cleared to begin a
new construction project, for safety reasons or to provide a clean look to your
property, call Elite Tree Service.